Tuesday, March 23, 2010

24 hour update

Sound Amplifies when you're trying to quit smoking. The soft tick tock of my living room clock was deafening. Even my husband's breathing got on my nerves (sorry honey) The worst was when I took my dog, minnie, out for her morning walk and I heard the neighbor across the street light up his cigarette. The flick of the lighter nearly made me jump out of my skin.

Driving proceeded to be my next hurdle. Any smoker will tell you that the best time to smoke is while you drive. I couldn't agree more. Today, I just happened to leave my house at 7 am and made the 1 and 1/2 hour drive from Ft. Campbell to hendersonville. (my mother kept my children last night and I was picking them up) The sound of my engine turning over made me want to light up. As well as the sound of my transmission shifting, others passing me......heck, even Pearl Jam on the radio. Everything was tempting me to smoke. Guess what? I didn't do it. I made it all the way.

The rest of my day has consisted of chomping gum, arranging and rearranging various drawers throughout my house. Stuffing my face with food and latch hooking......thats right, I said latch hooking. For about 6 bucks I got the best "quitters friend" that you can think of. My bart simpson latch hook. What a great way to keep my hands busy! (and I almost done with it.....looks like ill be making another trip to Michaels tomarrow)
Thanks everyone for the prayers. I am not out of the hot zone yet

1 comment:

  1. You can do it. Remember, your two boys, they will help keep you motivated. Another motivation is you won't have that awful hoarse voice when you get older or the leathered skin. Boy, I paint a pretty picture.

    We are all so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete